Jersey CIty, New Jersey
This is a “ hands on” position where the person will be expected to dive into the requirements of the Quality Engineering department, and design and develop manual and automated tests to be implemented in a new platform. It is expected that the candidate in this position will work with Software Development groups, QE Engineers, as well as in-house and over-seas contracted personnel. The candidate will have strong lab management skills, possessing the ability to configure servers at the hardware and software levels. Solid communications and project management skills will be required. The person must satisfy required experience and must be passionate about staying current with the latest test testing methodologies on the market, as well as constantly striving to apply the latest in enhancement techniques into the test platforms.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing a cost effective, long-term test strategy promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability. The scope of the position is:
· Review Market Requirements, Product Requirements, participate in design discussions and provide inputs.
· Design, research and develop test cases for a new platform.
· Design Test Bed to validate the requirements, functionality and performance goals for the particular product
· Execute Test Cases, report defects based on System Test Objectives.
· Analyze Test Results, investigate problems and troubleshoot the Testing Infrastructure.
· Maintain and report periodic status of assigned activities.
· Provide inputs for Test Plan design, Test Strategy design and prepare Test Report.
· Develop the test harness for execution on automated, performance, and endurance testing platforms
· Work with and potentially support off-shore automation and manual development resources, as well as contracted “ on-site” personnel resources when required.
· Interact with development engineers to design and implement functional, performance interface applications when necessary.
· Be responsible for the specification and installation of required hardware and software for test projects.
· Optimize the test environment and Test Process keeping focus on the Business Schedule and Quality of Deliverables.
· Collaborate with Test Leads, Managers, Development Leads, and other Business partners across locations.
· Contribute to story grooming and design reviews for specific project.
· Contribute to test plan and test case reviews.
· Contribute to usability, integration, documentation or functional testing.
· Participates in scrum ceremonies, such as daily standups, story tasking, sprint planning, story demos, and retrospectives.
· Help ensure the quality and completeness of team deliverables.
· Provide effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
· Escalate urgent issues to scrum master and quality assurance management.
· Experience as QE Engineer in the full life cycle of product development environments in planning, test plan development and implementation efforts, utilizing industry standard test automation tools.
· Solid understanding of UNIT, white-box, functional, system, performance, technical and operational testing and tools utilization.
· Proven knowledge in Test Process, Quality Metrics, Defect Tracking, Design and Execution of Test Cases.
· Knowledge and previous in testing Role Based Access control using Policy Engine.
· Experience in testing Linux/Unix/Solaris based Voice/VoIP applications.
· 1+ years test result analysis experience; full life cycle test, writing test plans, developing test strategies, implementing test strategies, stress testing, performance testing, endurance testing.
· Experience in parallel development and continuous integration, like Agile.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and balance facts, priorities, and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations.
· Ability to evaluate past decisions to improve effectiveness of future decisions and development efforts.
· Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to all levels of the organization.
· Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to look for non-standard problem solutions, this is key to this position.
· Ability to learn and apply new technologies and learn and understand details of third party applications and technologies
· Recent experience in VoIP telephony.
· Knowledge in protocols like XACML, NIST, LDAP, SNMP
· Experience in working on Linux/Unix/Solaris environment
· Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 6+ years of experience in relevant areas.