Principal Software Engineer
New York, New York
- Practical hands on knowledge about Solr – Knows Schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, dismax, tie parameter, optimization, and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of Lucene API, taxonomy and search optimization techniques. Adept at programming in Java and experience with ETLs.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for search optimization across web and content properties.
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, documents current systems and develops recommendations of how to proceed with the applications
- Evaluates existing or proposed systems for the business, and devises computer systems and related procedures to solve the business need
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering system(s) capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering quality outcomes that balance technical and business goals.
- 10+ years of experience in the eCommerce/Content space with a focus on search engines (GSA, SOLR, Lucene, etc.)
- 5+ years Search Engine Optimization experience.
- Experience on Demandware based eCommerce Platforms and/or Adobe Experience manager based web CMS platforms.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Webmaster tools
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and Moz.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with business as well as technical teams.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Engineering