Network Tech Support Engineer
New york, New York
Our Service professionals are focused on client care and monitor our clients’ voice, electronic communications and trading infrastructure throughout the day and night. Our global service operation (GSOC) located in London, New York and Singapore operates a seamless and consistent follow the sun support approach, to ensure round the clock availability to our clients. Our Service professionals strive to go beyond client expectations, building unique relationships with each client. The GSOCs 24/7 service center is extended by highly skilled technical support personnel located in principle financial centers across the globe, enabling local support in local language for end-to-end service level consistency.
The GSOC Analysts are the first point of contact for our clients, when reporting an issue. The GSOC Analyst is a committed client advocate who understands the responsibility to deliver client service excellence and technical expertise to the financial services sector. They provide a single point of contact to clients, for all queries and faults as part of the integrated team providing seamless “ follow the sun” service.
Accountabilities with Expected Results:
• Provide first line diagnostics and Tier 1 troubleshooting technical support to clients via various communication channels, including but not limited to: telephone, email or web.
• Open incident and request tickets and manage throughout the ticket lifecycle.
• Ensure that tickets and clients are updated per defined intervals as documented within Incident lifecycle procedures.
• Log all troubleshooting steps and statistics in the ticketing system.
• Dispatch cases to Tier 2 in a timely manner for additional investigation when appropriate.
• Escalate cases to first level escalation following the defined escalation.
• Work with telecommunications and service providers globally to ensure timely fault resolution, escalating within our providers when necessary.
• Monitor network performance across a variety of platforms and proactively manage related event notifications.
• Liaise closely with Tier 2 and engineering teams to ensure issues are being addressed with efficiency and speed to meet SLA requirements.
• Produce reports – e.g. major outages, fault resolution, statistics, etc.
• Identify areas for improvement and communicate these clearly and professionally to the management team
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required
• Cisco qualification of CCNA (or better) or demonstrable equivalent technical experience.
• Client service professional with proven Service Desk experience (minimum 3 years).
• Demonstrable knowledge of MPLS, TCP/IP, OSPF, HSRP, BGP, RIP v2.
• Demonstrable experience supporting and troubleshooting a managed extranet service (or similar).
• Varied exposure to Internet technologies and platforms.
• Commitment to service excellence with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
• Experience in Financial Services network environments with knowledge of trading voice equipment desirable.
• Demonstrable experience of fault isolation and troubleshooting within an MPLS environment.
• Working knowledge of industry standard ticketing tools including; Remedy.
• Working knowledge of industry standard proactive alarm monitoring tools including; Netcool
• Working knowledge of Business Objects or similar reporting tool.
• Strong technical acumen with ability to learn and be able to provide immediate solutions
• You must have a strong work ethic and an energetic, influential, and diplomatic work style.
• Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong technical background with Cisco CCNA or equivalent work experience.
• ITIL version 3 foundation.
• Experience in ‘ translating’ technical information in to business appropriate language.
• Experience of market data products within the world of financial services.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. (French Bilingual preference)