System Specialist Level 2 Engineer
As a world leading mobile telecoms company, we deliver customized managed services to global financial services organizations. In fact, we have a presence in 100 countries and counting. Right now, we’ re looking for people to join one of our fastest growing business units.
This is your chance to join a truly international team! You’ ll broaden your exposure and gain insights from a wide range of perspectives and introduction to bleeding edge network technologies. Equally important, you’ ll also have the chance to build yourself a successful, long-term career.
This role is to support Client Operations team - In this role you will be
Key responsibilities and decision ownership:
- Working to predefined SLAs & KPIs, including troubleshooting and resolution of incidents
- Maintaining accurate work logs via ticketing systems
- Strive to achieve Operational Excellence
- Raising Change Requests, planning and implementing of customer and internal changes, following an ITIL framework . Raising vendor fault tickets, managing the replacement and return of failed devices with hardware suppliers in accordance with SLA, utilizing escalations matrices where required
- Maintaining the customer Inventory and ensuring standard configuration is maintained across the customer infrastructure
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- In-depth Networking Knowledge: OSI Mode and networking essentials
- In depth exposure to Gaurdium (V 7+) and Vontu.
- Expertise in building Unix, Linux, Solaris and Windows servers
- Appliance Management skills relevant to Load Balancing and Proxy devices
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant experience in managing Linux Servers, Applications based on Linux platform
- Bachelors Degree
- In depth networking knowledge
- Windows and Unix/Linux Operational and Administrative skills
- RHCE Certification preferred. In Addition, MCSE or Solaris certifications would be preferred