Manager of Pricing Architecture
3 second Street Jersey CIty, New Jersey 07311
This position maximizes profitability of new contract negotiations, manages price compression in contract renewals, product bundling and discounts for add-on sales, and new product pricing on regional and global accounts. The candidate must have the ability and interpersonal skills to drive, influence, and negotiate commercial and financial terms internally and externally with customers. The successful candidate will have demonstrated initiative, a positive team-oriented outlook, must be an exceptional problem solver and be effective working across functional boundaries.
· Lead price modeling and optimization reviews and provide insight and guidance to global and regional leadership teams.
· Act as project lead in establishing, implementing and monitoring pricing strategies that will better position the organization to maximize sales, profits and competitiveness.
· Act as the Commercial Lead on high value and complex bid opportunities spanning multiple geographies. Advise key stakeholders on the shaping of commercial strategy, to maximize the organization’ s competitive position and expected financial metrics.
· Research and analyze historical data, develop cost models to support proposal efforts.
· Properly negotiate and explain complex financial scenarios and their associated commercial and risk impacts with internal finance and business managers.
· Use standard cost, pricing and financial models & tools or custom costing and ad hoc analysis, where appropriate, to include:
- Optimize pricing, deal structure for revenue growth, risk mitigation
- Cash flow optimization
- Financial incentives (volume, product mix, contract duration)
- Identify cost optimization; validate non-standard costing
- Terms & conditions modeling, including termination, commercial aspects of SLAs, tech refresh, penalties and liabilities, etc.
· Analyze pricing scenarios and provide deal pricing aligned with corporate strategy and revenue targets.
· Ensure compliance with deal review processes, including deal pricing modifications, discount delegation/authority, and executive approvals
· Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and help ensure a collaborative working environment across key areas. This includes Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, and external Partners. Work with other departments to build and update best practice information for wider sharing in Pricing.
· Gather business requirements and work closely with IT team to implement requested reporting functionality and accessibility. Build data and reporting proofs of concept as needed; develop reporting and analysis templates and tools. Work to identify, extract, assess, manipulate, and analyze data from multiple sources including POS transaction data, syndicated data, and other pertinent information.
· Act as a hands-on leader for a team of deal architects.
· Lead, mentor and develop a team of pricing analysts. Collaborate with regional pricing and competitive analytics teams, helping to develop strategy, while providing direction and guidance.
· Provide quality assurance for pricing and financial modeling in deal activity.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Knowledge of trading systems; voice and voice recording technology preferred with understanding of network, server, and storage technologies, procedures, operations.
· Ability to multitask, re-prioritize and refocus as business needs change.
· High energy, positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
· Must be comfortable in a decentralized structure where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others.
· Strong financial analytical skills (Excel)
· Demonstrated strong and effective written & verbal communication skills to develop both internal and external documentation (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Collaborative listening skills a must.
A minimum of 2 years of prior management experience.
· Location – Jersey City NJ
· Education – 4-year degree required, MBA preferred
· 3-5 years financial architecture or commercial structuring and negotiation of terms & conditions experience in the telecommunications/IT environment