Jr Financial Analyst
Jersey CIty, New Jersey
This company' s Financial Planning and Analysis team is recruiting a Corporate Finance Associate to join the group. This role will focus on firm-wide business planning, forecasting, management reporting and corporate finance analytics by providing both proactive and reactive financial insight, analysis and perspective.
- Develop and maintain detailed metrics based financial models inclusive of income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Summarize conclusions from financial analysis on a pro-active basis and provide key takeaways to business units, corporate finance, and senior management.
- Prepare business plans, including annual operating plans, ongoing forecasts, strategic plans, and product introduction financial plans.
- Create and translate operating plans and forecasts into financial plans and projections to ensure that the organization achieves its financial targets.
- Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Liaise with Controller’ s organization to understand company financials and create accurate projections.
- Prepare scenario analysis of company financials to facilitate senior management in making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the business and the implications on the company’ s financials and capital structure.
- Prepare quarterly Board of Directors presentations and monthly management reporting analytics
Experience and Skills Required
- +3 years financial analysis and modeling experience.
- Prefer accounting/finance experience gained in both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing accurate and detailed financial analysis in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive individual with a strong analytical capability.
- CFA or MBA preferable