The IT Manager’ s role is to ensure the effective operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the firm. The IT Manager will be responsible for all IT functions of the firm. The IT Manager must have experience working in a fast-paced environment, supporting approximately 100 employees (some remotely). The right candidate must be team oriented, possess extreme attention to detail, and have a proven ability to execute and deliver. Among other necessary skills, experience with server virtualization and network security is a must.
- Secure network design and architecture.
- Configure and support virtualized and cloud-based environments.
- Lead project planning efforts ensuring all stake holders are informed of project status.
- Ensure that all production systems are supported and maintained according to departmental standards.
- Provide leadership and recommendations in the evaluation of new technologies and/or improvements.
- Develop and maintain policies and standards to ensure compliance and security efforts.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network issues.
- Provide technical support for end users.
- Manage mission critical network infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and engage in each direct report’ s personal development.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current and future information technologies and IT best practices.
- Prior experience working in a CPA or Law Firm
- BS degree in computer science or other related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of IT work experience, particularly in the Infrastructure and Security space.
- 5+ years of leadership experience (Management experience in the areas of Accounting or IT management to include some experience supervising junior staff).
- IT related certification(s).
- Experience supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Experience supporting Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, including Active Directory.
- Office 365 Experience.
- Experience in network administration, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, troubleshooting.
- Experience with Router/Switch/Firewall administration.
- Experience with product procurement and vendor negotiations.
- Prior project management and supervisory skills ideal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and strong relationship building abilities.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.