General Ledger Sr Accountant
1850 Parkway Place Marietta, GA 30067 US
The General Ledger Senior Accountant will specialize in completing accounting transactions for Property Operations activities. This role will leverage generally accepted accounting principles to record property operation transactions related to taxes, insurance, fees and accruals. They will ensure all activities are properly reflected in the company’s general ledger and communicate with field markets to ensure the accuracy of accounting activities. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior level staff accountants as they complete routine accounting activities
- Specialize in learning and understanding the accounting activities for Property Operations.
- Complete routine accounting activities such as preparing, reviewing, record and adjusting journal entries.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff accountants in completing routine accounting. Assist with mentoring and coaching junior level staff accountants.
- Record property operation transactions such as taxes, insurance, fees, and accruals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including intercompany transactions.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Assist in timely preparation for month-end close by providing financial schedules and analysis.
- Review Accounts Payable activities and make adjustments when necessary.
- Communicate updates and requests to field markets and corporate office leaders.
- Lead and assist with special projects when assigned.
- Serve as a backup to other Accounting teams when needed.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of overall accounting, in an accrual basis environment
- Knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), must be comfortable using vlookups and pivot tables
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Accounting — Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.