EHR Training Specialist III - Cerner
San DIego, VA 92134
The Training Specialist III will create, implement, administer, and evaluate training and technical assistance activities for government contracts. This position will provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments as related to Electronic Health Record (EHR) training. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. Demonstrate skill in preparing instructional aids and plans and determining training objectives and goals. Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, over-the-shoulder support and virtual training. Evaluate effectiveness of training and development programs and utilize relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods. Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs. Maintain an appropriate degree of knowledge, skill, and ability to provide functional support and perform system status checks as needed during trouble ticket resolution.
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor' s Degree in Education or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience in supporting CIS training, tools, software installs and upgrades; preparing classrooms, facilities, and necessary equipment for classes.
- Delivering classroom Instructor Led Training (ILT), one-on-one, and Structured On-the-Job Training (SOJT).
- Two (2) years experience using and/or training Medical Health System (MHS) personnel on CIS.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodologies.
- Be capable of providing formal and informal implementation guidance, integration, and change management support tasks (on the job training, formal and informal classroom and over the shoulder training) in a dynamic and interpersonal setting to support functional users (medical and dental providers) requiring assistance in implementing, using, and integrating CIS and it’ s increments into the military medical clinical business process.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English and English medical terminology.
- Cerner certification or experience preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.