Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
3111 152nd Ave Kenosha, Wisconsin 53144
- Manage daily and strategic functions for the corporate Food Safety and Quality Assurance Department (FSQA) and three USDA-inspected facilities (two raw ground and one ready to eat).
- Establish foundational programs and procedures in FSQA to create prevention and prediction rather than correction and reaction.
- Represent the comapny in FSQA interactions with customers and suppliers.
- Interface closely with operations, procurement, and sales promoting a food safety culture.
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- The ability to plan, coordinate, and execute experimental plans then analyze and report in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, to communicate technical concepts to business leaders, plant personnel, and customers.
- Strong working knowledge of raw and cooking operational practices within the meat industry.
- Oversee FSQA management systems
- Set the foundation for all food safety and quality policies and procedures ensuring the production of safe food products with the highest quality for customers and consumers
- Manage food safety, sanitation, and quality programs to insure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
- Understanding food safety throughout the supply, production, and transportation segments.
- Background in regulatory affairs and USDA regulations including labeling
- Experience with Global Food Standards Initiatives
- Ability to manage corporate and customer product specification programs.
- Experience in shelf life testing and design.
- Auditing experience
- Understand risk management analysis and outcomes
- Actively researches industry best practices, novel approaches to solutions, benchmarks, and presents solutions to management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in FSQA, meat industry preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree in Food Science or related field, Master’ s Degree preferred.
- Travel: 25-30%