Customer Engineer - Voice applications
Jersey CIty, New Jersey
For nearly four decades this company has delivered innovation and mission-critical trading technology and connectivity solutions to financial market participants globally. From the largest investment banks to high-growth hedge funds, from established markets to emerging tigers, we are passionately committed to providing the essential and seamlessly aligned technology and network services that enable the business of the trading and brokering community – however, wherever and whenever trading takes place.
The Customer Engineer will possess broad knowledge of IP Telephony and TCP/IP Networking, with tangible experience providing technical support for multiple products with diverse complexity. The Customer Engineer is the principal Engineering contact responsible for oversight on all technical configurations guidelines and product interdependencies for a given account.
The person fulfilling this role will also provide strategic Engineering direction and collaboration with R&D, Sales and Pre- Sales Engineering on unique Customer Solutions. The person in this role will be the customers primary Engineering contact for customer Problem Management and product defect concerns. Several key factors and tangible experience are essential to the success of the person fulfilling this role (as described in the section entitled Job Requirements).
• Ensure customer is made aware of known product risks; ensure the company made aware of customer dependencies on product defects.
• Research customer originated questions regarding product interactions, internal design and performance capabilities.
• Provide updates to customer, management and peers; keeping them informed of activities and progress on the designated account.
• Ensure expectations are properly set with the customer, management and other stakeholders as it relates to R&D deliverables.
• Develop technical configurations and customer enterprise network interdependencies.
• Effectively handle escalations and engage proper cross-functional teams and management as necessary.
• Collaborate with the Tier 3 & 4 teams on any positively triaged issues that require resolution.
• Attends and supports Sales strategy meetings for designated account.
• Take leadership role in high-risk operations or assist the project definition for complex projects for assigned account. Attend customer sites during major cutover, installation or testing activities.
• Regularly seek knowledge transfer from the Customer Engineering team and R&D on new product
• Regularly seek knowledge transfer on key defect resolutions from Customer Engineering and Global Support
• Lead the Service Delivery organization through any high severity product issues that may impact the customer
• Assist Service Delivery with the development and maintenance of supplemental workflows, processes and procedures as they pertain to the designated account.
• Maintain all documentation on Sharepoint for internal reference.
• Responsible for the full lifecycle of new implementations and support of legacy products of assigned customers environment from an Engineering perspective.
• Ensure internal stakeholders and customer is aware of product defects before it affects their service.
• All aspects of complex implementations for the assigned account will be the responsibility of this candidate.
• Responsible for Problem Management, these are product issues that affect multiple locations within the customers environment.
• Customer – Trusted technical authority to meet with customer counterpart, answer technical questions, discuss technical dependencies of solutions, help customer identify technical action items, explain technical issues.
• Service Delivery – Provide deployment guidelines, technical support and oversight of complex installations and help provide triage action plans for high severity issues. When needed, interact with Tier 2 / 3 / 4 support.
• Technical Assistance Centers (TACs) – Ensure TAC teams can access the environment and have customer clearance to perform advanced troubleshooting tasks.
• R&D - Knowledge transfer from R&D on current product technologies, fault understanding and resolutions, present customer' s strategic test initiatives, provide input to QE and development engineers from customer perspective when requested.
• Project Management - Provide technical dependencies to be taken into consideration when making project plans.
• Sales – While not responsible for pre-sales activities, should be involved when appropriate on proposals for input and dependencies on existing installed base.
• 12+ years of technology experience in telecommunications, networking and/or financial applications.
o Experience with in the following technologies and methodologies is strongly preferred:
• ITIL v3
• Cisco Certified Network Professional
• IP Telephony & CTI Applications
• SIP, RedHat Linux, Voice Trading Systems
• Bachelors degree required. Demonstrating a strong academic record, learning agility and conceptual ability.
• Broad experience with voice network technologies and relevant training and certifications.
• Can communicate clearly and excellently with a wide variety of people / functions and in a wide variety of formats (verbally, in writing, drawings/presentations, etc.).
• Must be able to prepare briefings for executive presentations, both internal as well as external to customers.
• Strong affinity for customer service.
• Must effectively handle multiple streams of work and work independently, excellent organization skills, capable of working with minimal direction, should be a self-starter, diligent and details oriented.
• Excellent technical/troubleshooting skills, able to use standard tools and integrate a variety of technical information and understand large complex systems.
• Maintains high quality standards and ensures that customer inquiries and requests are responded to in a timely manner.
• Can identify and recommend process enhancements to existing support organization policy and