Corporate Governance & Control
3 second Street Jersey CIty, New Jersey 07302
Governance and Control Specialist
As a Problem Manager your job will be as follows but not limited to as described below;
- Single point of contact for one or more problems.
- Responsible for Ownership and Coordination of actions of those problems.
- To analyze root cause, identify Known Error and coordinating actions to fix the error.
- To review the Problem Trends and Planning and Driving Improvement Plan.
- To be proactive in identifying problems, analyze and recommend Service Improvement plans with the possible solutions obtained from technical teams for department or business unit.
- Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incidents and Problem analysis)
- Prevents the replication of Problems across multiple systems.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process.
- Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Maintains inventory of problems under analysis and their current progress and status.
- Follows up issues and progress with problem owners where necessary.
- Updating Known Error Database (KEDB).
- Produces Problem Management reports and management information.
- Coordinates meetings to resolve problems.
- Prevents re-occurrence of issues by identifying root cause and implementing fix.
- Work with all internal technical teams, Service Management and external stakeholders like customer and 3rd party
- Drive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fix.
- Need to have an innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different RCA techniques.
- Good Interpersonal skills and organizational skills required.
- Reviews Incident data to analyze assigned problems.
- Investigates assigned problems through to resolution or error identification.
- Raise RFCs to clear errors.
- Monitors progress on the resolution of Known Errors and advises Incident Management staff on the best available Work-Around for Incidents related to unresolved Problems/Known Errors.
- Assists with the handling of major Incidents and identifying the root causes
- Ideally 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor degree; professional certifications a plus.
- Excellent planning, leadership, problem solving, analytical, communication, operational and customer service skills.
- In-depth knowledge of, and working experience on a Service Desk, workflows, and customer services within the financial markets is mandatory.
- Comfortable representing a high pressure and dynamic customer site.
- Knowledge of turret/trading systems.
- Knowledge of Recording and Compliance (R&C)
- Knowledge of trading products and services a plus.
- ITIL foundation certified – Essential
- ITIL Intermediate Certified – Desirable
- Intermediate Excel understanding
- Must be comfortable working with global teams across multiple regions.
- Experience in Service Management and the development of Service Level Agreements (ideally ITIL v3 qualified).
- Experience of PRINCE project management methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills at all organizational levels.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with stakeholders across IT, the business and external suppliers.
- Experience of working to challenging timescales.
- Broad knowledge of how IT services support the business through experience of working in retail, IT or similar environment.
- Analytical skills
- Good Network, Recording and Compliance and Turret/Trading systems exposure.
- Good ITIL understanding
- Good International Customer handling skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills