Monterey Bay, CA 93955 US
IT CHIEF ENGINEER
This Company is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities to work for Department of Defense Enterprise Information Technology and systems development contracts. Our organization’ s mission is to help persons with disabilities through life’ s journey. As a Top 25 non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program, this company is recognized for building complex mission systems, leadership development, workforce engagement, and strong prime/subcontractor relationships. We provide numerous business lines in 16 states, including District of Columbia. Our IT and systems development contractual presence spans the locales of Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA, where we perform on more than 50 government and commercial contracts. We provide a wide range of systems development support in accordance with industry standards with high quality. Our pillars of operational excellence are Best People, Best Service, Best Quality, Financial Performance, and Growth.
This Company is hiring for the position of Chief Engineer within our Information Technology Line of Business. The Chief Engineer is responsible for leading the development of the technical vision and roadmap across the contract and drives final decisions on architecture, design, and deployment of systems and products to ensure they meet functional, performance and volume requirements of our customers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Related STEM discipline with 14 years of relevant experience -OR- Master’ s degree in Engineering with 12 years of relevant experience -OR- PhD in Engineering with 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in progressive engineering leadership roles
- 10- 15 years’ experience managing people and teams
- Background in system integration and testing
- Has lead systems engineering of complex integrated programs/systems.
- 7+ years’ experience with systems engineering functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, and interface definition and control.
- Fully versed in architecture development of software-centric systems.
- Must have strong experience leading Agile programs, including Agile DevOps.
- Strong and oral communication skills, including presentation skills at the executive level
- Show a demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team.
- Has test automation frameworks, technologies, and methodologies experience
- Current, active TS/SCI clearance.
- Possess an industry certification in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience with software development languages, including C, C++, Java, HTML5, or Python
- Has managed complex projects using the Atlassian suite of SDLC tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Understands DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Is familiar with Identity management systems and design
- Knowledge of Smart card technology and related hardware/software
- Has configuration management and software configuration management experience.
The chief engineer is responsible for the following:
- Lead engineering analysis and anomaly reviews across programs and task orders.
- Review the design and architecture of EITS systems and subsystems across programs, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and adherence to established systems engineering processes and technical standards/procedures.
- Direct and guide the development of System Engineering requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple program phases as part of system development and sustainment processes.
- Support new business development, including review of technical and cost volumes, detailed Basis of Estimates (BOE), establish Work Breakdown Structures as part of the product line development processes
- Support Engineering Review Boards (ERBs), Architecture Review Boards (ARB), Change Control Boards (CCB), as required.
- Support pre-proposal analysis, proposal development, mission and system analysis, specification and interface development, design reviews, testing, problem resolution and customer interactions as directed.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills and will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.