Chief Architect Position
New York, New York
• Setting and motivating overall corporate technical direction.
• Analyzing and evaluating existing architecture and design.
• Reviewing project designs to determine their technical viability and their relevance to the business goals.
• Remaining up-to-date on current web and infrastructure technologies and anticipating future trends.
• Recommending and deciding technical solutions and guiding engineering teams toward a common methodology.
• Prototyping platform technologies and tools with a dedicated dev team.
• Identify opportunities for both incremental and transformational improvements to engineering productivity (software deployment, designing, writing and testing production code, creating unit and automated regression tests, etc.) and advocating and implementing solutions.
• Own the solution you recommend end to end (i.e. make sure it works and track it as it scales).
• Provide technical leadership in engineering productivity and development practices across the department.
• Successfully and independently lead large, cross team tech projects and initiatives.
• Ensure the architecture is built and managed in a scalable manner.
• Work collaboratively with peers and customers (developers, team leads, QA, Systems, UX, and Product).
• Keep us moving quickly in the short and long term, by helping set the architectural direction, contributing software design expertise, spreading good engineering practices, and leading projects most critical to the business.
• Highly effective communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to work well with others regardless of team or department to achieve company goals while demonstrating a consistently positive and constructive attitude. • Passion for technology, particularly tools and languages
• Commitment to and interest in code and product quality
• Strong customer focus (engineers are your primary customers)
• Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
• Technical leadership & strong independent problem solving skills
• Familiarity with current, relevant PaaS solutions (e.g. Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, CoreOS)
• Experience with Big Data Technology (e.g. Apache Storm, Hadoop, Kafka,)
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, plus relevant experience
• Excellent coding and design skills
• Experience building, scaling and continuously-delivering high-uptime web based solutions